Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Luck

Essay on Luck

When my students were going for exams, I used to wish them good luck.
But if they need good luck, it may mean they have inadequately prepared for the exam.
I have changed my wishes to "success" instead of "good luck"

But still good luck is really a good thing, all of us need at times.
Unexpected good things happening is also called serendipity.


Can we consciously increase our chances to get good luck?
My Chinese friends are busy quite a lot with good luck and have symbols, things they believe are bringers of good luck, put up in a visible place in the house. Each time they see these symbols they are reminded to believe in good luck.

Can we increase our luck by believing in it?
What we can surely do, is to create by such beliefs, a higher state of awareness, increased alertness and we may become much better at noticing opportunities. While believers and non-believers may be presented with equal numbers of opportunities,
the chance that someone who is continuously reminded about good luck by symbols,
who is busy with it and somehow expects, is much more likely to notice the opportunities
that present themselves.


When in the morning, I sincerely pray to see the opportunities in my life to do good,
during the day that follows I manage sometimes to really see such opportunities and act.
I think something similar happens if we put a lot of thoughts of good luck in our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment