Monday, August 12, 2019

Ideals

Short essay on ideals

Ideals and idealism are often seen as something for the young and inexperienced, not rarely labelled as naive. I disagree with this quite a lot. I am 55 and still have my ideals. My ideals have been flexible and surely as we grow up we get insights and experiences that mould our ideals into ideas that tend to be a bit less absolute and more open.

For my young readers, please do not give up on your ideals easily. Be flexible but keep the flame, the passion that lies at the origin of ideals fully alive throughout your life.
For my not so young readers, please think back about your ideals when you were young and I am sure it will not take a big effort to blow again a wonderful soul in them and let them be a guide for what we do on a daily basis.

Ideals and idealism, something to cherish, something keep, something to revive.
Ideals and idealism, nothing naive about it, nothing to shun.


No comments:

Post a Comment